Skyline Owners Forum banner

WOW! Insurance

943 views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  viniboy 
#1 ·
Why is the skyline so expensive to insure?> I have just got a quote from Admiral mutli car and the 300ZX twin turbo is £286 and the Skyline N/A is £486??? where do they get the prices from. Surely the 300ZX would be dearer because its a lot more powerful?

Any suggestions where I can get it sorted for a much better price would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks vini

#6 ·
I pay that for my turbo all mods declared fully comp.........

Id get some bartering on the go, plus it would help if you mention you have a 550bhp 300zx, and if they do you a great deal on the skyline you will get the 300 insured with them at renewal time.........lol... My first quote with aplan was for my GTO TT... £1497, i bartered and got it down to £350.... Fully comp... :D

#9 ·
You might be right there. None of them seem to list the R33 GTs as a non turbo. So I cant get an accurate online quote. Its too late now I have bought the car but all the same why is it so fookin hard for these people to list the correct cars~?

#10 ·
Just give them a ring in the morn but dont tell them about being a forum user until theyve give you your lowest quote. Tell them the price you pay on the 300tt, ask them if they can better that as well. Just get friendly, lol and theyll sort you out. Then after the lowest quote tell them about this site and you get your 20% discount :D

As i said i got my gtott quote down a huge amount, from a few porkies and just being friendly :gay:

#15 ·
UPDATE!

I have had a quote from:

Adrian Flux................£465.00

A Plan......................£393.00

Admiral (multicar)........£243.00 extra on top of what I am paying for the 300ZX. So thats going to get cancelled.

So I think its going to be th A Plan. Thats with club discount. It still seems a lot and is about what I pay for the 300ZX but at the end of the day its got to be done and I really have had enough searching.

#19 ·
The only reason why its dearer is because of the name... Lol.. Its as soon as you mention skyline they think it will attract thiefs, which it will.....

I was suprised and had a whinge when i got my quote... I said surely the twin turbo would be more... No sir.... Its the name.... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.