Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may have seen that I posted a few pics of our 34GTT bacj in December after a 'heavy-right-foot' moment...

Sadly, very very sadly :(, she was written off and now resides in a salvage yard somewhere on canvey island.

Thankfully, the underwriters gave us a fair price. I asked Torque-GT what they thought it would cost to get another identical car imported and they said between 10k - 11k. We got "between" that figure so quite pleased we didn't have to put up a fight.

Sadly, we've decided that there's a few debts need paying so we're not going to replace the car with the same machine. It's very hard to say goodbye to such a beautiful car and replacing it would be both impossible and dishonourable (it certainly feels like that).

For reasons of practicality, we're taking a step in to the darkside and getting a '04 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon! :) Should be picking it up on Friday.

Sorry folks, hate to let the side down! At least we still have the RSP tuned R33 GTST though... extreme fun :D

·
Highland/North Scotland Area Rep
4,160 Posts
sad to see another skyline getting writen off but at least you got a good amount for the insurance with-out a fight..

·
is now very happy with 400+ BHP
2,903 Posts
Aw jees man,sorry to see a beautiful 34 written off.
Best of luck with your chosen new motor.

·
RB Junkie
16 Posts
kind of same thing that happened to my old r33, got written off and had enough to buy another r33 :D, glad to see they didnt give too much hassle

good luck with your future car !

·
Registered
168 Posts
thought i hadnt seen it about for a little while but i put that down to the weather if you need anything for the scooby give us a shout at API performance impreza sure we can make it more fun to use

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,042 Posts
how isit a write off u can buy cars in much worse condition off hales that looks minor??

·
Registered
211 Posts
Body parts are expensive when you get them new from Nissan, plus for import body parts they have to come from Japan, often by boat, and the insurance need to keep you in a courtesy car the whole time.. For example my insurance recently paid over £1000 to get me a windscreen and it took 6 months for Nissan to actually supply it.

An extreme example perhaps but that car is going to need pretty much a whole new front end. Bonnet, bumper, both wings, headlight, grille etc.

Then you've got the labour rates. The big garages that insurance companies like to use can easily charge upwards of £60 per hour

I think the general rule is that once the damages reach 60% or 70% of the car's value they just write it off.

I can easily see that damage costing 7 grand all in.

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,042 Posts
Hmm well when some chump rear ended me last year the boot got pushed up pretty bad and both side rear wings were crumpled aswell so needed new rear bumper, boot and sides all came from japan then fitted and painted etc and i went to an expensive garage knowing they do a great job but expensive and they sorced and fixed the lot in 5 weeks.

all im thinkin is someone will buy your car scrap fix it up and then u will probably see it being drove about in a couple of months by someone else lol

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,042 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.