Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I've been a member on the SXOC for a fair while now (about 4 or 5 years) and having recently purchased a new toy I thought it would be a good idea to sign up on here too and get to know you all (as well as abuse you for your knowledge!)

The new toy is a UK S13 200SX, the previous owner carried out alot of work on it over the last 4 years or so and it now has an S13 Silvia front end, effectively turning the car into a SilEighty, and also an RB25DET plus gearbox and diff from an R33 GTS25t, hence signing up on here :)

It has a fair few other supporting modifications including E36 M3 Front Discs, S14 Calipers, R33 GTSt rear discs and calipers, R33 GTR wheels, Kayaba AGX Adjustable dampers, AVO Chassis Dynamics Springs.

Power wise there's a modified Cossie 4x4 T3, 3" turbo back stainless system, FMIC, Mocal Oil Cooler, Apexi Filter, Walbro fuel pump and Apexi Power FC.

Not been on the rollers since it was put together, but it's due to go on the rollers on the 7th with a few other SXOC guys. Not sure what to expect from it, does somewhere around 300BHP seem realistic with those modifications? It's running 15psi at present.

Anyway, enough warbling, here's some pictures of her:

The fun bit:

And here's my little boy, Ethan, trying to borrow the car already and only 8 1/2 months old!!

At the moment really just enjoying the car as it is, it's a great all rounder as she stands. In the future I will be looking to change a few bits, including the inlet manifold for a Greddy/Greddy style item to try and reduce some of that IC pipework, then some bigger injectors a good Exh. manifold and remap to suit.

Of course any comments, advice or suggestions are welcome so please post away! My knowledge of the RB25 is pretty minimal, having been a CA18 person up til now.

I'm based near Basildon in Essex so hopefully will meet some of the local members at some point too :cheers:

Del

EDIT: Also can anyone tell me why it won't save the link to my Sig saved on photobucket. It tells me it can't save it but won't tell me why! :confused:

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
looks nice mate.. makes a change to see something just that little bit different.

·
Censored
7,453 Posts
very nice car mate :)

regarding the power... I have the same turbo, and I made 340BHP @ 0.9 bar, with a base map. (although peak power was actually made at (.6bar!). I would expect around 390BHP with a remap @ 1bar. Not sure what level yours is rebuilt to, but mine will take over 2 bar, which should see a rather healthy power increase, defaintely over 400bhp, and incredibly quick spool.

What's been done to the Rb25 before being dropped in? steel head gasket?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Hesh :)

Hi5, that sounds very promising! The RB25 is internally stock, had a bottom end re-fresh and the top end was checked over before being dropped into the 13. AFAIK it's the standard HG, will have to check that for certain though.

The spool is very quick on mine too, hits peak boost by about 2800rpm!!

·
South East Area Rep
337 Posts
Hello mate welcome to the forum.

I think someone's spent a bit of time, effort and money getting your car to what it is, and anyone who goes through that deserves a pat on the back.
Im sure your made up with it.... because if that was mine, i would be.
It's a lovely car mate and im sure you'll keep it that way.

I sold my s13 a while ago to a guy, who proceeded to go to town on it, then he fitted a bigger turbo and bang it's dead :disappointed: I was sad to say the least.

Anyway see you and that car at a meet soon :bigthumb:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yep, the turbo has been rebuilt although I will need to do some hunting through the SXOC to find the post that detailed the spec it was built to. This is the only problem with buying a car like this with all the work done, I'm used to knowing exactly what is what with my cars but am having to poke around a bit and see what's been done etc. Pete (the previous owner) is very helpful though :)

Nightsky, it will indeed be very well looked after. This is my 4th 13 (yes, a sucker for punishment me!) and by far the best. I have the advantage of getting the train to work, so she is purely a toy to be enjoyed and looked after :D

EDIT: Sorry, slow typing! Hi5, that pipe is the hotpipe to the FMIC. When they put the engine in they decided it made more sense to run the hotpipe round behind the rad then through the cooler, rather than in the other side of the cooler then have the cold pipe going past the hot rad.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah the wheels are a good fit, a little tight to the turrets on the front suspension though making it a little difficult to dial in much neg camber. I got some 3mm spacers with the car so should be able to use those to space out the front wheels a little then get the camber sorted.

The back is a perfect fit though, and with 245's on too :) has been known to catch the arch lip on very hard cornering but nothing major.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also, out of curiosity Hi5, do you still run the stock recirc and how's it coping with the extra pressure? I'm not certain but I think mine may be leaking slightly and wondered if this was common when boost pressure is increased over standard?

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Welcome to the forum, i absolutely love your S13, like Hi5 has said its been modded very wisely.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts