Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Craft Beer Drunkard
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the gasket where the cylinder head oil drains at the front of the head on the exhaust side. does anyone sell them?

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Hi- the RB25DET Cylinder head 2 bolt oil drain gasket would cost a lot more to send to you than the cost of the gasket...

Contact a US turbo supplier and ask for a garrett GT ball bearing 2 bolt oil inlet/feed gasket.

Its not identical, but I think its close enough to fit easily and you'll have a decent seal where it counts- around the oil drain.

Should cost you a couple of bucks ;)

·
Craft Beer Drunkard
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll just cut my own, I still would prefer the OEM. Do you have a part number it may be the same as something here in the US from another motor.

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
AFAIK the Nissan part only fits these engines, so I don't think you'll cross it to a US Nissan alternative.

In the past I have overlaid the Garrett GT Oil Inlet Gasket over the Nissan RB25DET Cylinder head oil drain gasket, as we keep both gaskets in stock.

Both the central hole and the bolt holes line up fine- so all the critical parts will function perfectly. The GT gasket has M8 bolt holes, while the Nissan has M6, and the GT gasket is slightly bigger and hence slightly overhangs the outer edge of the flange.

None of these will be an issue and you'll end up with a professionally produced gasket for $2 that I'd be happy to fit on my own engines...

Hope this helps ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts