Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one out there point me to the right direction?? I failed the SVA because it has Xenon lights as standard.. So R34GTT owners, how do you guys get thru???

Best regards

J

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Put in halogen bulbs for the test - I have the right ones here in Huntingdon that slot straight in - could meet you if need be later at Black cat roundabout or somewhere around there if this helps mate.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
They slot straight in Joe and you can pop the Xenons back in afterwards - same connectors and everything - SVA Uk were kind enough to leave them in the glovebox for me.

N

·
0 Posts
Nick , you wouldent have the part no's for these bulbs , off hand.
whats up with xenons any way ?

Cheers m8

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Guys - just got the old ones out of the garage and they look like standard H7s 55w that I have pulled out - sadly the original box does not correspond but fairly certain.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder if anyone has used this method Nick...

Will pop down to the local factors tomorrow to get the halogen bulb.. Is it the same fitting?

Joe

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats just what i need "Luck"..

Will let you know how i get on. I am still waiting a letter from Bridgestone to say the load figure on my tyre. Isn't it a pain in the bxxp??

Well i have been there many times now (at least twice a month) and i should have know better......

cheers anyway..

Joe

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nick, Help.......

Been to the local factor and tried to get the bulb you specified... How can i fit that?? its completely different fitting compare to the Xenon i have. The photo is my xenon bulb and the H7 has 2 blades stuck out....:(

any ideas??? Do you mean H1?? small bulb with one blade at the back?? but even so, i can't see how i cna adapt that onto the xenon system.

Regards

Joe

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Joe,

there has to be an adapter as the H7s that came out of mine had the 2 pins also - Abbey changed mine over - maybe give them a buzz - they will know instantly I am sure as they changed mine really quickly.

Cheers,

Nick

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just been on the phone to someone else. aparently , i have to disconnect the xenon unit and make a seperate feed onto the new h7 bulb.. will give it a go now....

will Let you know how i get on...

Joe

·
Registered
469 Posts
try giving Stuart a bell at Seaford - he got my GTT through and I don't think he had to change anything. I've heard, though not seen it myself, that if you strip down the lights there is actually an e-mark on them somewhere that makes them legal for the SVA.

N

·
0 Posts
so thats all it is , E blloody marks
cheers fer that info grebo , i wondered why they would fail .

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Sadly it is actually that in the UK in order to have Xenons, you need to combine them with self levelling lights and light washers for some strange reason - although my understanding is that it will get through MOT fine with the Xenon bulbs back in so it is just a type approval issue.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The tester is playing harsh on me. This time he failed me on no pattern after all the hassle changing it back to normal bulbs. I won't be able to make it for this sunday's hatfield meet guys, but will try to get it ready ASAP.

I might even have to borrow your bulbs Nick.

Regards
Joe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts