Skyline Owners Forum banner

XS Power FMIC Fitting

560 views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  AutoExtreme 
#1 ·
just a quick one.....

Got my xs power fmic kit the other day. Went to fit it but not quite sure where the mounting points are for the core. Who else has one of these kits and where do you need to mount the cooler?

Cheers

#3 ·
I think the vast majority of these cheaper IC kits come from the same factory! I drilled into the bumper bar to utilise the shorter brackets for the top. Bottom/longer ones i think i bent into a new shape and used some handy holes in the crossmember.

#4 ·
yep thats how it's done, short brackets at the top and the longer brackets at th bottom.
you may already have the holes in the bumper iron mine did from where the clips that held the bumper on were, and the bottom ones will fit useing the two 10mm bolts that hold the plastic splash gaurd on under the car.
all will become apparent when you start fitting the intercooler

#7 ·
this is all that was left of mine after fitting my front mount

#9 ·
One other quick question on the intercooler fitting.....

I`m sure I read somewhere that you need to install a boost nipple somewhere when fitting theintercooler kit. Where does this nipple have to go and what exactly is it for? Isnt there an original pipe it can be taken from?

#11 ·
Have fitted one on my car when you take the original cooler off you will see the small probe thingy just carefully drill a hole in the same place and refit, also i had alot of trouble as the intercoller for the R34GTR is designed to fit without the aircon system so i had to make all new brackets!!!!!! but looks/works well

#12 ·
The nipple can be on either pipe....... Mine is on the bottom black pipe... Didnt fancy chopping the intercooler pipe...

Be careful though as it needs to be as tight as nuns knickers...

I think Hong Kong Phoie did his on the intercooler pipe and he may have a pic so pm him and ask...
Good luck..... Its a great learning curve ;)

#13 ·
I got the cooler fitted without too many problems, didnt even need to trim the fan blades!! Instead of drilling holes for the nipple I "T"ed into the pipe for the FPR, seems to be doing the job ok.

After I finished fitting it I was booked into rising sun the following day for a mapping session, managed to get 342.3bhp and 330ft/lbs torque. VERY impressed with the results considering its only running quite basic mods :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.