Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before every one tells me not to do it, save your time its to late!!! I'v already got one :dogpile:
I have heard many sorty's about the manifold but decided to find out for myself :) , I have read on many threads about them cracking etc and i have also read about people strenghing them.
So what i am asking is has anybody got any suggestions/ideas of ways in strenghing/reworking the manifold before i attempt to fit it.
Thanks in advance

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
as for reworking make sure the flanges are flat
the strengthening part is whats unclear to me aswell, a support to compensate for the turbo weight ok but where exactly, how, :dunno:

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
This is a picture of an S14 one but the strengthening is pretty similar. With this particular manifold you get a strengthener with it. I have circled it and where it bolts to. With the RB25 manifold it will be a similar process. You will either need to fabricate one to bolt on somewhere or weld it in but i think you will get the idea. It basically takes a lot of the weight of the turbo off of the welds

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
No probs mate. Its a pleasure to be of help :D

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Thats definately where they crack as it has to take the weight of the turbo. Trust me :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts