Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I really hope someone can help me with this....

My R32 GTS-T is registered as a 1990 on a 'G' Plate, however, after having a look around on the net I have come to the conclusion its a 1992 or 1993 model.....

It's model code is E-HCR32 (which I believe is 1993) and its got the 4 pot brakes which were found on later models.

THis info (among other) was gathered from the SDU forums among other places.

Car had 49000 kms when I bought it (just off the boat).

Is there anyway I can find out for SURE what the build year is, and if so, can I re-register?

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
I really don't know, i suppose you'd have to contact the original imported and trace its history back into japan then submit your new info to the....dare i say it....dvla

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Results.....

Seat belts all say 1990.

Guess that settles it then.
But... Does it?
Why the E-HCR if 'E' really does mean 1993?

I sooooo hope I'm not driving around in an imported ringer!

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
if you get your nissan dealer to run your chassis number through there parts finder (they need to put an L where the space is to make it work aparently) you'll get an answer. I recently got a load of part prices and they just gave me the print out which had loadsa info at the top, mine was made 03/92

E

·
0 Posts
If it is a ringer just keep your mouth shut (bit late now as its on the world wide web) & sell it (to an unsuspecting nova boy) as a 93 model. Must be worth a few extra quids if it is :angel:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts