Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, My name is Julian, and i live in Regina, Sk. Thats right, canada with the crappy 15 year rule, and saskatchewan with one of the strictest out of province veichle inspections.

I got my skyline on August 24, 2007. Shes a 1991 GTS-T with the RB20. She's completely stock, and I picked her up for $8900. Beautiful paint, Beautiful interior, Beautiful turbocharged engine.

Putting her through the inspection system so she can become street legal in the next bit. Just have to find some DOT spec headlights, and get some not so bald tires (oops :eek:). Im trying some 1990 Camary headlights, if it works, ill post pictures how to make a custom bracket for all to see. Hope too meet some other owners living in Regina too. Thanks!

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
welcome to the forum,nice to have you with us,make sure you keep us uupdated on progress,at this rate we are going to need some usa/canada area forum reps!!

·
Registered
812 Posts
welcome to the forum,nice to have you with us,make sure you keep us uupdated on progress,at this rate we are going to need some usa/canada area forum reps!!
thats what i was thinking lol,

wek#locme to the forum mate

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
Hiya Julian, welcome to the club! :)

The inspection may be a pain, but you know its worth it!:boogy:

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Welcome mate. Get some pictures up for us whores :D

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
welcome mate hope all goes well with the inspection as already said it will be worth it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
k, for those of you addicted to pictures, i though i would post a couple.

and looks like i found an easier way than going through the work of changing my headlights, but i found a guy who knows the JIS is to a higher standard than DOT, so he'll pass me on my headlights :)

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Street Legal

HOORAY, im finally LEGAL...

...for the street that is. Id go to a bar and celebrate but drinking age is 19 :shakehead: . So instead i spent a good portion of the evening cruising around. Its so nice to be free from $20/day temporary permits.

So now i wanna know what i gotta do to squeeze some more power out of her.
Going to start with a blow off valve and intercooler, get my bases covered there, but then any suggestions for best bang for my buck jaw dropping speed without going to nitrous oxide?
ive heard the computer like to limit the boost a fair bit on these cars, what sort of changes do i need to make to get her to handle higher pressures and to push the higher pressures?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"But officer, i took the corner just a tad bit too fast and my back end got away on me, its was an accident, i swear" :dogpile:

...As if my tires weren't bald enough before :screwy:

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts