Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Shuffle up and deal
2,719 Posts
He he!!! Disappointed. No serious injuries on either team.

Wanted Everton to win, as they aren't going to be a threat this season. Still don't ever want to see Everton win - but it's ABU (anyone but united).

More upset that we didn't mange to win today against boro. Gerrard had load of chances and was head and shoulders above the rest of players on the pitch, but just couldn't get that goal.

Nevermind - we're still Champions of Europe!!!

·
Banned
7,239 Posts
Yokozuna - forgot to ask you more details about Ray Clemence. Friend of the family? As a young Liverpool fan and budding goalie he was my hero (well, him, Souness and Dalglish).

Also - have never got round to asking you what Yokozuna means? Being the well educated person I am, I suspect it is not an English word. Possibly japanese?

·
Shuffle up and deal
2,719 Posts
The Clemence family used to live in Formby, near my Aunt. She was a hairdresser and cut his hair (as well as Dalglish, Emlyn Hughes, and some of the others - but not Keegan!). Ray Clemence's daughter is the same age as me and my cousin, and she used to come to my cousin's birthday parties. I was a bit young to remember much about him, but I do remember him picking me and my cousin up, one of us in each hand when we were about 5 or 6.

He moved on to Spurs soon after that, and so the family moved away. But they kept in touch.

For those who don't know, he's been diagnosed with prostate cancer, and we all hope he makes a quick and full recovery.

·
Shuffle up and deal
2,719 Posts
dewie said:
Also - have never got round to asking you what Yokozuna means? Being the well educated person I am, I suspect it is not an English word. Possibly japanese?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yokozuna

It's something I've used for years now as my username on loads of sites. For some reason it's usually available...

·
Registered
383 Posts
I used to cut Bob Paisleys grass in woolton when I was a kid....

and the wife cuts Steven Gerrards mums hair (at least until she moved to southport)

sorry to hear about Ray Clemence... weve never had a goalie like him

·
Banned
7,239 Posts
Gutted to hear about Ray - he's my hero, genuinely. Hope he makes a swift return to full health.

As for the user-name - I should have guessed seeing as you are 18 stone and wear your hair in a tight bun.

·
Shuffle up and deal
2,719 Posts
Bingo5 said:
I used to cut Bob Paisleys grass in woolton when I was a kid....

and the wife cuts Steven Gerrards mums hair (at least until she moved to southport)
Bob Paisley - fantastic. What was he like with you? Him and Bill must be looking down on Rafa and smiling in approval.

Cutting Stevie's mum's hair will be more of a challenge than Stevie's action man hair-cut!

sorry to hear about Ray Clemence... weve never had a goalie like him
It's terrible when someone who was such a legend is ill. Such a shame that Emlyn Hughes died last year and didn't get to see us lift the European Cup again.

I don't know how Ray Clemence is. I'm sure he's getting the best medical attention and will battle it every step of the way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts