Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
calling all skyline owners in yorkshire and surrounding counties

firstly id like to introduce myself as the new north east area rep working along side hesh (im his *****:whip: ), weve indentified a problem with the north east area , which is the space that it actualy covers and the lack of regular meets so to try and sort this out weve taken a different approach on things,......

im going to TRY and orginise a regular meet for the yorkshire area once a month (second sunday of each month). i know the lads up north (newcastle sunderland) have regular meets up at the angel but we need something a little closer to home

im not trying to distance or split the area as we will still be making regular visits further north for a big meet including the entire north east (every 3 months) and of course for special runs like the famous bragg run (which is currently in the pipeline so keep ya eyes open for that).

so basicly just want to see what sort of response we get on here if people are interested and your thoughts

im expecting things to start slow but hopefuly with persistance the word will spread and eventualy we will have a decent turn out.

theres no mininum requirements to be there you dont have to know how to strip engines and all that , you just need a skyline , its somewhere we can put names to faces have a gossip and learn things from each other

get back to me with any ideas and names of any1 interested and if u dont see a name here that u reconise as being in our area post it and il pm them

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
There is already an established Skyline meet in Yorkshire on the 3rd sunday of every month.. just incase you werent aware.

I arrange it, but not on here otherwise you might cry. :naughty: :p :nono:

Good luck anyway mate, meets are always good nights!

:cheers:

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
no i wasnt aware dude:dunno: , i wouldnt have bothered if id known would have just tryed promoting yours abit, wheres it held bit more info dude, how many motors turn up that sort of thing

cheers

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
I'm interested in meeting. I currently meet with japnortheast every month at Sunderland stadium of shite (oops -light).
Let me know when and where! Ta.

·
Registered
285 Posts
more meets are always good, i live in the york area so somewhere nearer would be great !

Id like to see a late night meet for a few enthusiasts that enjoy a spirited drive :)

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lets see if we can get a big turn out for this, already gained a bit of interest i know treasach (me buddy) is up for it . so spread the word, awaiting for deggers to give more info, as no point running 2 meets in one area

not trying to step on toes deggers just trying to make the most of it, pm me if you need to dude cheers

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
hi ..just sticking my nose in "where it aint needed"

if deggrs runs a meeting on the third sunday of every month ..then if its alright by him perhaps we could join up.

however there arethree other sundays where we could set up something , in an adjacent but sl;ightly different area...as that may give people more options, if work or other stuff gets in their way......

just athought,....

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea sounds like a plan if we can get enough people interested asuming deggers does 1 up north yorkshire i happy to see one through further down i.e south yorkshire if any one from sheffield doncaster , barnsley that sort of way if any one interested let me know

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Depending on work i'd be up to make one of these meets- I'm in Doncaster area though don't mind bit of a road trip out.......

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
first thing we need to hash out is a venue .....I'll leave that to "2IC" . i better get an invite mind ......or i'll sulk!

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
hey guys dont worry about deggers, if he wants to come along then its cool as we dont who comes from where and from what forum, so long as its a good turn out....deggers come along and bring some of yr pals mate you would be more than welcome.....keith....:bigthumb:

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK GUYS WE ARE GONNA GO AHEAD WITH THE SECOND SUNDAY OF EVERY MONTH, and im gona try and make it as central to every one as possible so if every one pm's me what area your from and if any suggestion i will take all into account and try to get the best result for every one, so untill i get this info il put the location on hold, (il go scouting about this weekend).

also if any one aint interested in the meets pm me anyway with your area as i will be pm'img all in the future with event reminders and so on, so would help if i knew who's who's

cheers all ,hope to hear from you all soon P.P :)

P.S cheers for the support and ecouragement form hesh and the bigC:bigthumb:

·
Lick me - i'm chocolate!!
1,767 Posts
Right guys! I live 12 mile north of Newcastle in a little hamlet called Blyth. now, i thought this was the Northeast of this fine land, but if Sheffield and Barnsley are in the Northeast, i must now live in Scotland. can i be the scottish area rep then?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i thought this was the Northeast of this fine land, but if Sheffield and Barnsley are in the Northeast, i must now live in Scotland. can i be the scottish area rep then?
ok mate i see what u are saying but can u see waht im sayin
weve indentified a problem with the north east area , which is the space that it actualy covers and the lack of regular meets so to try and sort this out weve taken a different approach on things,......

im going to TRY and orginise a regular meet for the yorkshire area once a month (second sunday of each month). i know the lads up north (newcastle sunderland) have regular meets up at the angel but we need something a little closer to home

as the guys from up there aint really gona want to be putting extra couple hundred of miles on the clock each month nor do the blokes in the above mentioned area
weve indentified a problem with the north east area , which is the space that it actualy covers
so rahter than put others off actualy coming to meets were trying to make them more local,

if u feel theres not enough activity (meets) up there let myself or hesh know and we can sort this out,

not getting away from why i was made area rep long side hesh is to help out, im not turning my back on the lads further north im still here to try and help the meets up there to,
im not trying to distance or split the area as we will still be making regular visits further north for a big meet including the entire north east (every 3 months) and of course for special runs like the famous bragg run (which is currently in the pipeline so keep ya eyes open for that).
so put ya thoughts across and we can see what we can do

·
Lick me - i'm chocolate!!
1,767 Posts
Maybe we could continue with localised meets once a month (ie) Angel meet! and also have a once or twice a year Area meet?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea mate, thats fine be me, , its a hell of a long way to come up there for myself, so yea . im just trying to get things more local for myself and others that miss out on regular meets due to the distance

·
Registered
285 Posts
have to admit i love the angel meets but as it costs me over £100 to come up each time i would like to see some meets nearer our area too....

why cant we have both ? there are LOADS of people in the north yorkshire area that have skylines and there just aren't enough decent meets local to us tbh

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea the angel meet will still continue dudes ive not tryed to stop these , these will continue regardless of whats happening down here but as stated peterk its an expensive journey as it stands its looking like we will have 5 -10 people interested in the more local yorkshire meet so as i said im gona try and find the most central location to who are interested and get this going as soon as, im still wanting to attend the angel meet myself as ive not managed to get a chance yet so itll be good once estalished wots wot on the local meets we all have a run up in convoy

1 - 20 of 48 Posts