Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well you've seen Happy V35's project 350GT pics

i got presented with this yesterday and my chin still hurts from when my mouth fell wide open and it hit the floor

see a "plain Jane" with a nasty merc style grille can be made to look mental ,

3 years ago i was saying this to the "knockers" :vader: of the 350GT who now funny enough all seem to be seeing the light and moving over :funny:

Now all you do is find a few choice parts a bit of imagination and you get what Nissan should have done in the beginning when they replaced the R34 with the V35

Enjoy ...

i am seroiusly jeleaous Paul and cant wait to see this on display this year on our stands ,

On the move i think immense describes it

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
ha ha, hou could at least of waited till the masking tape was off and it had been polished. this is still gun finish and hasnt been properly finished yet. going to do a bit of engine bay work today and try and get things all shiny again ha ha

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Very nice:cool: I would love to go for the complete but subtle kited look, but as i have just spent 2K on wheels, suspension and exhaust, i am going to go for some of the cheap (but subtle) touches that seem to work for me anyway on some of the US cars.

Poor mans carbon defuser, satin black the panel over the exhausts, de badge the front grill and paint satin black, mask off the lower front vents and satin black them giving a lager aperture look, and finally paint the headlight insides black, oh! and tint the rear lights, and possible de badge, should keep me happy for the time being.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Looks really good!!!!!

I spent the best part of yesterday fitting my grille (still needs another coat) , side markers and K/N Filter/Induction Kit, took the headlamps off and gave them a good polish too

Booked in the bodyshop in May to take car of stone chips/alloy refurb and for a good buffing session prior to the summer :)

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
that grill fits really well. are you going to leave it darker or spray the same colour as the car?
I now have a debadged, smoothed and painted factory grill if anyone is interested, would want to get the standard one from you as well as want to try something different on a standard grill.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
that grill fits really well. are you going to leave it darker or spray the same colour as the car?
I now have a debadged, smoothed and painted factory grill if anyone is interested, would want to get the standard one from you as well as want to try something different on a standard grill.

Not sure yet, Ive sanded it down and had it sprayed twice already!!! Tempted to stick with matt black finish as I like the look........

I like how your alloys have turned out so may head in that direction myself

Just started working on a bracket to house my eeepc/carputer in the boot

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice:cool: I would love to go for the complete but subtle kited look, but as i have just spent 2K on wheels, suspension and exhaust, i am going to go for some of the cheap (but subtle) touches that seem to work for me anyway on some of the US cars.

Poor mans carbon defuser, satin black the panel over the exhausts, de badge the front grill and paint satin black, mask off the lower front vents and satin black them giving a lager aperture look, and finally paint the headlight insides black, oh! and tint the rear lights, and possible de badge, should keep me happy for the time being.

De-badge :wtf:

personally i would be shouting out what it is a Skyline 350GT on the boot , thats what makes people go mad about these , they all know the old school 32/33/34 but present them with a V35 and causes quite a stir

Just my view but they look pants with a boot with no badges , but hey just personal choice

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Looks really good!!!!!

I spent the best part of yesterday fitting my grille (still needs another coat) , side markers and K/N Filter/Induction Kit, took the headlamps off and gave them a good polish too

Booked in the bodyshop in May to take car of stone chips/alloy refurb and for a good buffing session prior to the summer :)

fancy showing it off at JTS silverstone and mod live Brands Hatch ? i have a fair few spaces still , needs to be defo attendance though

p.s

needs a smaller number plate and lose the number plate bracket , can give you the size of plate we have that just covers all the holes , defo go graphite on the wheels , if on a budget...... stick some 350z factory Rays alloys on but sprayed graphite look awesome on a GT and cheap on ebay too, black roof was a good call on pauls and bloody cheap through Paul and Adam our bodywork guru

Speak to Paul about any bodywork ,

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
De-badge :wtf:

personally i would be shouting out what it is a Skyline 350GT on the boot , thats what makes people go mad about these , they all know the old school 32/33/34 but present them with a V35 and causes quite a stir

Just my view but they look pants with a boot with no badges , but hey just personal choice
I prefer to keep people guessing, tends to avoid all the daft questions, not much of an attention seeker anyway.

Would also be interested to know the dimensions of a number plate size that covers the mounting holes?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Yep would be good to know about the plate dude

Am hoping to be able to make at least one of the shows this year work commitments permitting, itd be great to get all the 350gts together!

Excellent, Ill drop Paul a PM ref the bodywork as itd be interested to get his feedback, mind you my local guys are pretty damn good and have looked after all my previous cars as well as doing a lot shows etc

http://www.simteksrs.com/

I think Ill be keeping the skyline boot badge :)

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep would be good to know about the plate dude

Am hoping to be able to make at least one of the shows this year work commitments permitting, itd be great to get all the 350gts together!

Excellent, Ill drop Paul a PM ref the bodywork as itd be interested to get his feedback, mind you my local guys are pretty damn good and have looked after all my previous cars as well as doing a lot shows etc

http://www.simteksrs.com/

I think Ill be keeping the skyline boot badge :)

speak to Paul

Adam did my skyline as well , the blokes a genius , he works on high end restoration stuff ... unless he is 150% happy you dont get your car back ... the guy is a genuis , pauls skirts were a hybrid , 350gt aftermarket jobbies grafted to the originals ... all factory fitting points then you see ... clever or what

1 - 11 of 11 Posts