Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although it’s nice to have some premium products on the shelf what’s your top five bargain products, here are a few of my favs….

Valet Pro Citrus bling (£8.50)
Lots of uses, such as fast wax, paint cleanser, clay lube but really shines as a quick detailer, smells great and isn’t smeary like some QD’s and looks great on glass can be diluted as much as 1/10 with water meaning you could get 5l out of it.

Collinite 476 (£15.00)
A great winter wax, really durable with superb beading, also great for use in engine bay, metals and on wheels.

Auto Glym Super resin polish (£10.00)
A great all in one, polish, gloss enhancing glaze with plenty of fillers to hide minor swirls and paint sealant, every time I use this I’m impressed with how well it performs. And since the new formula came out I have seen protection last 3+ months even in the horrible weather we have been having, worth seeking out 3 for 2 deals in B&Q and Halfords.

Demon Shine (£3.00)
Great for use as a drying aid, cheap as chips when brought from the supermarket when on offer. Makes drying the car so much faster and minimises water spotting, use mixed 1/5 in a pump sprayer sprayed all over the car then use an open hose to sheet the water off leaving less to mop up with a drying towel.

Sonus SFX4 (£12.00)
A great synthetic paint sealant, once applied makes the paint feel so smooth and slippery, good at repelling dirt and doesn’t have the cold sealant look to it, not a great big bottle for the money, but should still last a good year or so unless you’re using it on many cars.

·
NORTHERN IRELAND AREA REP
8,608 Posts
Not a lover of super resin at all find it very dusty, saying that havent used the later one..

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The new version dusts much less than the old one, I havent noticed any when using it massive increase in durability too

·
8,608 Posts
Bargain for me is the microfibre towels in asda £2 for pack of 6.
Sometimes their own brand and sometimes Kent.

·
Highland/North Scotland Area Rep
4,159 Posts
Bargains for me last few weeks were a lot of 3m cleaners on the 3m website half price plus extra 10% off too , window cleaner was really good not had time to use the rest yet ...

Auto finesse lather car shampoo I got from a fellow detailer, bargain and its defo the best car wash shampoo I've had by miles....

Also got some auto finesse soul wax which is a easy wax to apply and take off ...and smells good enough to eat...

Some 3m clay bars on eBay ,think I got three for £7 odd inc postage ,and they are I tryed and tested clay bar from a lot of detailers and work perfect...

Noddle mitt from Asda was a bargain too think about £3 , and feels the same as expensive one...

Polished bliss had some cracking offers on a lot of car cleaning stuff , plus free postage on anything too...

·
8,608 Posts
Havent used it but i see alot of body shops use it.
Might try the hand glaze stuff as dont have polisher.
Gonna get one any recommendations ??

·
782 Posts
Peek metal polish, megs tech wax, megs quick detailer

Or the ultimate bargain product- cheap and cheerful..... Demon shine! It's great lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts