Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya Guys...

Quick one really, is there any difference in the colour codes on the z32 air flow meters?

I've got one coming over from japan which is orange label...and the one i've got already is yellow...

I know for a fact that the yellow one is off a z32,i removed it from the car...

So what is the difference if any?

Many thanks in advance.

Cal

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi guys,

Green label AFM = R33 Series 1 RB25

Pink label AFM = R33 Series 2 RB25 <---- You are here :D

Orange label AFM = 300zx Twin Turbo (Z32)

Yellow Label AFM = Q45 Infiniti V8

You'll probably find that the 300zx you got the AFM from had been upgraded to the Q45 AFM

Also the Q45 is 90mm where all the others are 80mm

Hope this helps

Dave

·
Registered
212 Posts
Doesnt the Q45 max out before the z32? (thinking of another thread I saw on here before)
I don't think its a case of maxing out, I seem to recall the Z32 has more resolution (for tuning) where the Q45 can flow very slightly more but is less tunable. This means they can cope with similar power depending on your ECU map.

The Q45 looks better with its 90mm diameter though :D

Dave

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
7 Posts
Air Flow Meter

Hi Casanova, Got A Question For You, Hope You Can Help. Is Your Z32 Air Meter A Three Cable Fitting Marked B.d.e And If So What Are The Cable Colours To Each One And Where Does The Fourth One Go,many Thanks. Bignuts.:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,Kev, thanks a lot.been puzzling me all week, can sleep peacefully tonight, hate it when i cant figure something out . keeps waking me up till ive craked it. hope i can help you some time,many thanks. BIGNUTS.

·
bla
17,374 Posts

Z32 afm is the green VG30
Q45 Nissan Infiniti is the red VH41

;)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats a handy graph matey....

One of my afm's has arrived today....so one down one to go....

Thanks for all your help with this dilema.

Many thanks,

Cal

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Apparently the standard ecu will not recognise it, so generally you will need to either remap or get a different ecu...

Please correct me if i'm wrong....But this seems to be the general gist on the forum.

Hope it helps.

Cal

1 - 13 of 13 Posts