Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as above guys i was wondering were u can buy em from and why u need em i presume the z32 is foe more flow,but what about the fuel regulator is it so u can increse boost plz help as i am puttin a new engine in my car and im puttin a gtr fuel pump on it and was wondering if i should put the z32 and fuel regulator on at the same time
at the moment my car is standard apart from ex de cat and hks ind so i am doing a boost controller and fmic aswell thanks

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Z32 AFM is usefull when lifting up the boost much or changing the turbo cause the standard AFM can´t cope with the increased air flow. It maxes out quite quick (~around 5volt) and therefore can´t give the right signal to the ECU.

Fuel pressure regulator is used to make sure that there´s enough fuel delivered to the engine. So when upping the boost much you have to make sure that fuel pump and injectors can handle the engine´s increased fuel need.

Think you don´t need the FPR when using the GTR fuel pump. But don´t fix me at this cause I´m not 100% sure about it... sure, someone with more knowledge on here will get back to you soon!

Hope this helps mate! :cheers:

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
i think you will find you need to have an Apexi power FC to use the Z32 afm

it's not just a case of putting one on and hopeing for the best your standard ECU will not cope

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
how did you manage 380 bhp with standard afm? my mate's afm maxed out at 330 bhp on his drift car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
z32

i have no idea how the standard injectors & afm mader 380 bhp, i guess all cars are different.
i must admit i was shocked when i went to collect my car when he told me what he got out of it (i dint believe him until he gave me the dyno print out)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.